Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Tablescape

Recently, my family celebrated my mom and sister's birthdays. I have a 4 year old niece that loves a party and so I wanted the decorations to be fun and exciting for her as well as my mom and sister. My inspiration piece was the brown/teal/pink and purple placemats that I purchsed from a local discount store for $5.00 (total).  My next stop was the local dollar store where I purchased  the plates, cups, napkins and other table decorations. I created a simple centerpiece of  varying shades of pink and purple artificial flowers that I found lying around in the garage (leftovers from other projects). For the two side centerpieces I purchased to glasses from the dollar store and filled them with gumballs and pixie sticks. The teal stones and pink gems scattered around are also from the local dollar store.

I wanted the cake to complement my decorations so I purchased a ready made, chocolate layer cake from the local bakery.  I placed the cake on a large round platter (dollar store) and placed some ready made teal cookies around it. The cake is embellished with pink gemstones purchased from the dollar store. Make sure you remove these before serving! :) The top ribbon is part of the three pack of ribbons purchased at the dollar store. The other two ribbons were used to decorate the bottom of the glasses with the gumballs and pixie sticks.

If I can do this, then ANYONE can do it too. All it takes is a few dollars and some creativity!

Thanks for taking a look. This is my first post and I hope there will be many more to come!

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

I'm so honored to be the first person to leave a comment! I LOVE your blog and can't wait to see a lot more of your creations! You inspire me to get crafty, too. The table for your mom's party looked beautiful!! I love your name, too, Miss Dollar Diva!! :)
Amy B